An orthodontic revolution for adults! Invisalign is an invisible dental brace that straightens the teeth. You brighten up your smile without anyone noticing and without disrupting your daily activities. Your new smile will give you more confidence and enhances your personal and professional life.
Invisalign can treat the most common orthodontic problems in adults. But greater self-confidence is not the only benefit, your oral health is also improved.
Orthodontic problems treated by Invisalign
Overlap : : There is not enough room in the mouth for the teeth to be positioned correctly.
Spacing : There is too much space between the teeth and they gradually diverge from each other.
Reversed occlusion : The teeth of the upper and lower jaws are not aligned properly.
Overbite : The teeth of the upper jaw overlap the teeth of the lower jaw.
Underbite : The teeth of the low jaw overlap the teeth of the upper jaw.
Invisalign's compatibility with specific dental problems
During the consultation, the orthodontist will check whether the patient fits into one of these situations.
Wearing a dental ring : Patients can be treated with Invisalign while wearing a dental ring at the same time.
Bridges : Bridges can have a negative effect on the Invisalign treatment because they resist the movement of the teeth.
Crowns: Crowns do not prevent Invisalign treatment.
Temporomandibular joint disease (TMJ): Depending on the case, the problems faced by people with a TMJ jaw disease can worsen, remain unchanged or improve with orthodontic treatment.
Displacement of the teeth after removing dental collars: Invisalign can correct the misalignment which occurs after the removal of dental rings in people who received treatment in their youth.
The benefits of Invisalign on oral health
Poorly positioned teeth can cause problems that can lead to painful treatments and frequent visits to the dentist.
Healthier gums : When the teeth are properly aligned, the gums fit better around the teeth, which helps prevent periodontal disorders (swollen gums, redness).
Improved chewing and speech: Poorly positioned teeth and jaws which are left untreated can lead to speech difficulties and discomfort when chewing.
Maintaining tooth structure: Misaligned teeth can cause painful trauma to the bones and jaw joints or result in abnormal wear and tear on your teeth.
The Invisalign treatment plan
Invisalign treatment consists of a series of custom-made transparent aligners for your teeth. Each aligner must be worn for two weeks before being replaced by the next in the series. Your teeth move little by little until they are straightened and reach the final position prescribed by your orthodontist.
Your orthodontist is a licensed Invisalign practitioner
The orthodontist takes stock of your dental problems during the consultation. As he is specially trained in Invisalign technology, he can make the right diagnosis and give you all the explanations about the treatment.
If Invisalign is suitable for you, the orthodontist sets a treatment plan by taking the functional and aesthetic goals into account.
He makes impressions of your teeth and sends them to the Invisalign laboratories.
Clincheck: A unique 3D software to visualise your orthodontic treatment
The orthodontist scans and digitizes the impressions of your teeth and makes a three-dimensional model. This advanced technology is advantageous to both the practitioner and the patient.
- The orthodontist can control the precise movements of your teeth and can make any necessary corrections in real time during the treatment.
- The patient visualises how the smile will change. They remain motivated throughout the process. The patient starts to take better care of their teeth because they are able to better understand and control the progress of the Invisalign treatment.
Invisalign orthodontic treatment
- Invisalign treatment involves between 18 to 36 aligners and lasts about 4 to 24 months. For most adults, the treatment takes a little less than one year.
- The Invisalign aligners move the teeth with great accuracy.
- The orthodontist controls not only the movement, but also the speed. Only certain teeth can move at each stage, as specified by the treatment plan for that particular stage. This will exert forces in an effective manner to move the teeth to the desired position prescribed.
- You must always wear the aligners, except for eating and drinking. It is important to brush your teeth and clean them with dental floss after every meal and before putting your aligners in place. You must ensure that you maintain good oral hygiene and fresh breath.
Individual transparent Invisalign aligners
- Invisalign aligners are custom made. They are made of a high-strength thermoplastic material which adjusts perfectly to your teeth. You must wear them for about two weeks before moving on to the next set of aligners.
- It is not advisable to smoke as it may stain the aligners.
- The best way to clean your aligners is by brushing and rinsing them in warm water or using special cleaning tablets.
Vivera contention aligners
- After completing your Invisalign treatment, it is advisable to wear contention aligners to prevent your teeth from gradually returning to their original position.
- More often than not, your last aligner will be your temporary contention aligner, but your orthodontist may recommend contention options over the longer term, such as Vivera transparent aligners.
The Invisalign orthodontics system is very comfortable because it contains no metal rings or wires that can irritate your gums or mouth.
Invisalign aligners are so discreet that no one will notice if you don't mention them. There is no impact on your daily life, it is the perfect solution for people who work.
You may experience temporary and minimal discomfort for a few days when you use the new aligners. This is quite normal. This suggests that aligners are working properly by gradually moving your teeth. This discomfort usually disappears within one or two days.
You will regain a harmonious smile. Throughout the duration of the Invisalign orthodontics treatment, you will gradually see small movements of your teeth until they reach the desired final position. The changes are visible early in the treatment.
|Service||Prices including VAT*|
|Consultation with the dentist||€60|
* 20% VAT