Nymphoplasty (or labiaplasty) is an operation which corrects cosmetic defects of the vaginal lips.
When a woman wishes to correct the shape and/or size of the labia, she has to resort to nymphoplasty.
The vaginal lips may be too thick due to excess fat or skin. In practice, the demand focuses primarily on labia minora (nymphs) due to :
- Either an unsightly outgrowth: The labia minora which emerge out of the slit of the vulva are visually disturbing because of their shape, colour or appearance.
- Or asymmetry: The labia minora are of uneven size.
Labial hypertrophy or atrophy
When the vaginal lips are too small (hypertrophy) or non-existent (atrophy), it is possible to inflate them to give them volume.
The motivations are, in order of importance, the aesthetic aspect, the inconvenience in getting dressed, discomfort while playing sports and discomfort or even pain during sexual intercourse.
How the procedure works
The labiaplasty operation is carried out under local without hospitalisation and lasts between thirty to forty five minutes.
Reducing the labia minora
The surgeon removes the superficial layer of the labial mucosa while maintaining the original shape of the labia minora.
Two techniques are possible :
- Longitudinal nymphoplasty: When the excess skin is distributed over the entire length of the lip, the practitioner makes an incision from top to bottom, then he uses a buried suture technique to make the scar invisible. This technique allows the removal of a large amount of excess lip.
- Triangular nymphoplasty: When the excess skin is located on a specific area, the surgeon removes a triangle of skin, either from the middle of the labia minora, or from its posterior half. The scar is hidden in the folds between the labia minora and the labia majora.
Reducing the labia majora
The labia majora can sometimes be too thick
- either because of excess fat: we perform liposuction.
- or because of excess skin: we remove the excess skin.
Increasing the labia minora and the labia majora
When the vaginal lips are too small, or even non-existent, labioplasty involves carrying out lipofilling with fat taken from the patient to restore volume.
After the procedure
The nymphoplasty operation is relatively painless. The absorbable sutures disappear spontaneously after ten to fifteen days. It is better to wear a skirt rather than trousers during the first days to avoid discomfort while walking. The patient should be particularly attentive to her personal hygiene to avoid infection problems. The patient can have sexual intercourse again after about twenty days.
The result is immediately visible and will become final after three months, when the lips have regained their flexibility. It is entirely natural because the surgeon avoids exaggerated corrections and respects the patient's anatomy. He is particularly careful to keep a protective rim at the level of the labia minora to protect the vaginal opening from possible infections.
|Intervention||Anaesthetic||Stay||Prices including VAT*|
|Nymphoplasty||Local||Outpatient||€2,500 to €2,700|
|Other fees||Prices including VAT*|
|Consultation with the surgeon||€50|
* 20% VAT